Sunday 13 March 2022

FINISHED

The pathway is finished or, my bit's done. It's up to The Old Girl now to plant borders.




I also spent a couple of hours tidying up the basement which resulted in a trailer load of junk to take to the tip this week.
The basement is like a holding ground for all sorts of stuff that's 'too good to throw away' and which sits down there for a few years until, well, it gets thrown away.


Out went:
  • The oven that we replaced 9 years ago and held on to - just in case.
  • The curtain rods and fittings that we replaced and held on to - just in case.
  • Large mats.
  • Broken tools and brooms.
  • The flipper (one) that I found and hoped to find the other.
  • A broken electric fan.
  • Various bits of outdoor furniture that have lurked down there for years.
  • Golf balls - just kidding.
  • Old bits of golfing equipment.
  • Lots of other treasures.
I've sorted out things now and hopefully will keep them all in their places. I now have separate storage areas for kayaks (3), paint and brushes, fishing gear (never used), timber, boogie boards and a surfboard, weed-sprays and sprayers and garden tools, golf balls (about a thousand), lawnmower and power tools, tiles and various bits of building supplies, plastic bins of stuff that's too good to throw away yet, wine.

The basement isn't as high as the one in that picture I borrowed. Working down there requires stooping so, after a couple of hours my back and knees are giving me gyp. I went for a long swim wallow afterwards followed by a long hot shower.
I'm still a bit achy but satisfied at the results.

How's your day been?

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

So good to catch up with the gardening situation! I think I'll sleep well tonight. I bet Robert will enjoy this post and will probably want to bless you. Ah well, everyone to their own.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Another popular post.

Anonymous said...

I'm a thinking kind of guy and it's good to see an older person achieving things.

Phillip Edward Nis

Anonymous said...

The golf balls joke was the highlight for me.

Bin Hire

Richard (of RBB) said...

Gosh, this is more comments than you usually get. Well done!