Wednesday 2 March 2022

'AVIN' A LAUGH

 The title of my blog is THE CURMUDGEON but this belies the fact that I do enjoy a little joke from time to time: I DO A LOT OF LAUGHING I DO

The trouble is, in this blog community jokes are few and far between.

Take Robert (please) Ha ha - that's an old American music hall joke but, re Robert he doesn't make any jokes on his blog apart from those hilarious one he repeats about a god that created the world, a virgin who gave birth, a man who gave up his body and blood to feed 'believers' forever, the fact that he ascended into heaven - you know- the oldies.

I trawled through his posts to see if he's come up with any new jokes but to no avail. The closest I came was to find this unintentional joke which is actually hilarious:

"Sue and I looked at cars in Porirua. The first was tidy and seemed good. The second I could not release the parking brake. The third belched exhaust fumes into the cabin. It was a nice outing."

I don't think though that Robert realised it was funny.


*************************** 

Over at Richard's blog things aren't much better. He does have a cartoon joke on his home page but it is in Italian so no-one can understand it - least of all the Italians.


Trawling through his blog posts was almost as daunting as going through Robert's but at least the old guy tries. In his latest post he did publish this cartoon which, to be fair, is funny:


Maybe there's hope for him after all.

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yes, true, my humour can never match those gardening jokes.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That's right. Dig deep.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I don't think they build shovels with handles long enough to find something to laugh about in your gardening series.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I guess that's Wainuiomartian wit.
Just as well that they get television coverage over there to keep tem happy.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You up north worry about Tem, but not the rest of us.

Richard (of RBB) said...

When I think of the Whangarei Heads I always wonder how Malcolm is doing.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Those schoolkids are sure lucky.