Sunday 27 March 2022

IT WASN'T ME

IT WASN'T ME 


"What have you done to the vacuum cleaner Matey?" asked The Old Girl accusingly this morning. "It won't suck. I looked inside and there seems to be a piece missing - a filter or something."

OK, I started thinking when was the last time I cleaned the filter of the machine and when I did, why I didn't put the filter back. I couldn't think of a reason but looked everywhere in the house and outside where I shake out the dust. No luck.

It made no sense and then I remembered that The Old Girl was mucking around with the cleaner yesterday and emptied it. As a long-shot I opened the rubbish bag, went through a lot of messy gunk and sure enough, found the missing filter piece.

The filter in the front

She had somehow thrown out the filter with the dust and then, of course, blamed me for the machine not working. It must have been my fault.

"Sheesh!"


4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"It's not dust that man begins with, that's what he returns to." C.S.Lewis.

THE WINE GUY said...

Very clever.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yes, what a guy C.S.Lewis was!

Anonymous said...

This is a good example of instinct or natural law in application. Nature wants to preserve self (in this case the woman). But Man does something that he knows he ought to do. He follows a real law which he did not invent and quietly returns the filter without accusation.

C.S.Lewis