Saturday 19 March 2022

DROP IT, DROP IT ON 'EM

So ya thought ya
Might like to go to the show?
To feel the warm thrill of confusion
That space cadet glow
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise
Lights!
Turn on the sound effects
Action!
Drop it, drop it on 'em, drop it on them

 

IN THE FLESH - PINK FLOYD

 

So, Richard, ya thought ya might like ....... sorry, I slipped into the Pink Floyd vernacular there ..... so, Richard, you space cadet, you don't like my jokes then? Andrew Joker does and, given his name, he should know.

You wrote, in reference to a joke that I made in a comment on your post:


Is that the best you can do? Really?

I apologise to Robert if this post confuses him into thinking that I'm supporting Vladimir Putin and advocation use of 'The Bomb.' I know that he gets confused about Russia and Ukraine.


9 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

My brother Daryl would call this a bitter little post.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I like the tune. It's almost like "classical" music in the long intro.Then that amazing tenor voice...

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yep, it was a bitter little post but I'd been listening to the song and thought it would be ideal for a post but didn't really have a them e so I picked on you. I mean, who wouldn't. Bitte?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Are you pissed?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Or are you just speaking Irish?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, not pissed. We just opened a bottle of Deutz Rose and are on the first glass.
If I were Robert I'd be telling you what we're cooking for our tea and maybe throwing in a quote from some long-dead silly person.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

It was German.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I just reread that comment of mine and you're right - it made no sense.
Maybe I was pissed and didn't realise it.


And Irish.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes Robert.
The whole album is operatic.
It's worth a listen to and the film made from it is excellent.