Tuesday 29 March 2022

HERE IT IS - THE NEW POST.

 I spent about 5 hours gardening today and I'm a bit exhausted now. I'm enjoying* a glass of rose and waiting for my dinner. I'm not cooking but The Old Girl is making a broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin bake which smells delicious.

We've been blessed lucky with a gorgeous day so I decided to take to the trees, bushes and weeds that have been getting out of hand. I did 3 hours in the morning and. after school traffic patrol, another couple of hours in the afternoon.

At 5pm the trailer was completely full so I quit and went for a swim. That was the best swim of the whole summer. The tide was in so the water was deep. The water was refreshing at first and then warm. The sun was still hot, The sky cloudless and the water calm as a millpond. It was also very clear enabling me to see the stones on the bed and little swimming things. I stayed in for half an hour.

*********************

That was yesterday. This morning I hitched up the trailer, went to tennis for a couple of hours and then drove into town to the tip. While in town I went to Mitre 10 and bought some new gardening gloves, a long-handled garden fork and a new flax cutter. I'd actually gone into the store looking to buy a hand-held glass cutter as I have some porcelain tiles I want to cut. They didn't have one, nor did the other hardware store I went to nor the local garage. Bummer! These items used to be a must-have in most homes but, I guess, the rise of Warehouse type places selling pre-cut glass for windows and picture frames, people don't cut their own glass like they used to.

I also went to a garden centre and bought some concrete mini slabs to put where I park the trailer. The slabs will stop the 'jockey wheel' from embedding in the gravel when it rains.

I came home and pottered about a bit before heading off to school patrol again. I've just got back and had planned to lay down the concrete slabs but it's too darned hot. I'll go for a swim soon.

Robert no doubt wants to know what we are having for dinner. I took out an eye-fillet steak from the freezer and will slice that and make schnitzel to have with left over vegetable bake.

 So, how's your day going?




* The rose was crap. It's the Villa Maria Marlborough rose that I bought from Blackmarket wines. The blurb by a wine-writer said it was gold medal standard and gave it about 92 points out of a hundred. I bought a 6 pack along with a 6 pack of Villa Maria Hawkes Bay rose which is very good. I wrote a scathing review of the Marlborough one on the Blackmarket website. That'll show them! I mixed the rose with soda water which makes it palatable.

3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I had a great day. Mary the mother of God showered me with graces, as she always does. I prayed the divine Mercy chaplet and Jesus jumped between me and the Father promising a happy death.

THE CURMUDGEON said...


Wow!You are a lucky chap. Are Graces identical twins? It's a bit creepy that Mary showered you with them but hey! That's a'Menage a quatre' making it one better than the usual.

I'm not au fait(continuing with the French theme) with what you mean about Jesus jumping in between you and and your dad (or was that god you meant) promising you a happy death. That is a bit strange. If it was in fact god you were referring to it doesn't surprise me as that evil bastard has it in for everyone what with his 'worship me or live in torment' rubbish. I can see why you prefer Jesus and not just because he looks so pretty in those pictures that you keep about your place.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think that was very kind of Jesus. He appeared to me the other night and said I'd be crushed by a container while driving. I guess falling off a passing truck. He said it would be very painful but quick. I guess it's nice to know that he cares a little bit.