Monday 8 August 2022

SHADES OF GREY

Mike wished me a happy birthday today. He was surprised to learn that I turned 70, believing that I was a young and sprightly sixty-nine year old. We laughed about that until I told him that Richard will be turning 70 in 12 days time. He stopped laughing. He didn't believe me.

I assured him that Richard indeed is an old fucker, nearly as old as me. He said " but.... but .... but.... look at him (Richard). The man doesn't have a grey hair on his head and in fact has the head of a 20 year old."


"Tell him to give it back" I said -- more laughing, and this was before The Old Girl poured me a glass of the Veuve Cliquot Champagne that she was opening.

We discussed the fact that Mike is becoming very grey, that I've lost most of my hair and what remains is grey almost white, that Tony turned white years ago and that Richard's brothers are various shades of grey .*

I suggested that he might have been having monkey gland implants.


MONKEY GLANDS







* There aren't 50 of them

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Okay, I admit it, I have had monkey gland implants. Bloody expensive they were too! Who who who! Where are the bloody bananas kept?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Dad! Do you know the piano's on my foot?"

Bob said...

"The Old Girl poured me a glass of the Veuve Cliquot Champagne that she was opening." Hope that's not an omen. Poor old Francois died and his widow Mrs Cliquot took over the business!

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Dad! Do you know the piano's on my foot?"

No, but you hum it and I'll play along.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That was a strange thing to say Robert.