Friday 5 August 2022

MAYBE RICHARD CAN HELP

 I've noticed recently, while watching test rugby, and particularly the Rugby Sevens, that the old rule against putting the ball under your hooker's feet in scrums is being disregarded. It's a very long time since I've seen a penalty awarded for this. Has the rule changed?

Richard, having been a forward* in school rugby teams is probably the best to advise in this blogging community.









Forwards: After the seven best players have been picked for a side, the eight leftover have to be given something to do so they are grouped together and called forwards.



3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Gosh, you've been busy! I think you need a car.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It was always a silly rule. Of course the team mate is going to synchronise the placement with his best mate the hooker!
"Oh today I will be fair. There is no camera and the match depends on this scrum. I will place the ball dead centre."

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I would.