Sunday 7 August 2022

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY*

 *Tomorrow but we had my birthday tea last night.

"What do you want for your birthday tea?" asked The Old Girl a few days ago.

Normally I say "Schnitzel and roast potatoes" but this time wanted something different so I asked for lasagne.



I love lasagne but we do't have it much as it's a fankle to make and requires lots of fresh ingredients. I knew that The Old Girl would be able to visit a fancy Auckland supermarket on her way home on Friday though and sure enough she bought fresh pasta sheets, lamb mince and all of the other ingredients required. I'd also asked for a 'Napoleon-type'  dessert and she bought the pastry and custard making ingredients for that too.



We preceded this with a bottle of Bollinger Rose.


Yummy.

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

A half glass of lemonade would have improved that wine. Gosh, now I'm sounding like a wine expert.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Sounding like something, that's for damned sure.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yes,yes,yes but did you go to Mass?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'll go to mass murder if you keep this bloody religious nonsense up.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Would you go to mass murder if I wore a rainbow shirt?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Are you trans Rob? That's nice if you are.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

It's getting sillier.