Tuesday 23 August 2022

THE REAL THING

 COME AND SEE THE REAL THING

Today when I went to town I called into The Tradie Shop. This is the real thing for tradies - not that rubbish that The Warehouse sells. The store is packed with clothing and accessories for every job.

I'd been thinking of getting a pair of bib overalls to wear when I'm doing 'handyman' stuff around the house and property. I do have a pair of full overalls but I get a bit hot when wearing them. I used them the other day when spraying weeds and just about cooked myself.

The store had many offerings of bib overalls. I chose a modest blue pair.

Yesterday when gardening in the front of the house - ripping out massive amounts of weeds and flax and filling the trailer for a tip run (380kgs worth) I was having to kneel on the ground which gets a bit hard on the old knees after a while. This is also the case when I crawl under the house in the crawl space to fix any plumbing problems. With this in mind I also bought a set of knee protectors. These are very comfortable.

When gardening - weeding, digging, mowing the lawn and trimming trees - I wear my Muck Boots which are shorter than gumboots but much more comfortable and durable. The trouble is that these fill with dirt and debris so today I bought a set of puttees. When I asked the young salesman for puttees he looked very perplexed and said that they don't sell those. I described what I was looking for - something to stop crap getting in my boots and he said "Oh, you mean gaiters." I said that gaiters are what old bishops and clergymen wear and we had a bit of a laugh.

Robert's probably got a pair of these

I bought a set of his 'gaiters' and they do the trick. I'm good to go.

Here's a pic of me all kitted up to tackle the outdoors again tomorrow.



The Old Girl laughed which I thought was a bit rude of her.

7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good stuff if you're going into space

Richard (of RBB) said...

.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

?????? ................. buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bob said...

The overalls seem better than the sleeved variety which as you say get hot and are awkward to get in and out off. Everybody should have knee protectors. Gaitors are good idea too.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks Bob.
Richard could learn something from considered and helpful comments like yours.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

How come Richard never posts about gardening and house maintenance?
Just saying.

Anonymous said...

Probably because he doesn't want to get his old man, going to the shops slippers muddy.