Saturday 13 August 2022

THE SLIPPERS POST

 


..... asked Richard in anticipation.

Well, here it is.

We all know about slippers and some of us wear them.

Some even wear them out of doors like this guy.....

Richard shuffling off to the shops

...... but that's another story ....... that can be read HERE


I wear slippers indoors.


The more observant of you will notice something odd about these slippers.


Yes, you can see that the pair of slippers are actually two pairs of slippers combined.

How could this be?

Well, recently The Old Girl berated me for leaving some mess on the floor (not that!).

"What's this rubbish here Matey?" she asked pointing to some bits of rubber material scattered around.

It turned out that the bits were falling off the bottom of my (previously) trusty wool-skin slippers.


"They can go in the bin" she instructed and, for once I tended to agree.

Before I threw them out though I searched for a replacement pair and remembered the cheap ones I'd bought in Wellington a couple of years ago when The Old Girl had a flat in Wellington for a year. The floors were wooden so it necessitated wearing soft footwear so as to not disturb the neighbours below - which never occurred to the ignorant arseholes who lived up stairs who strode about in high-heeled shoes, clogs, cowboy boots and what sounded like bloody horseshoes at times. Sheesh! Anyway, I bought  a pair of soft blue slippers from The Warehouse in Petone one Saturday afternoon on the way to visit Richard and Robert at a pub. This is the pub that Robert complained about as being expensive and elitist as he, I guess preferred the cheap and proletarian one closer to Moera where the only washing the glasses get is when the barman spits in them.

The Warehouse slippers were cheap and, as you'd expect, went way out of shape after a few times of wearing them and became so loose that they were unwearable.

Waiting for a Yeti

I was left then with one pair that were unwearable because they were dropping bits off and the other that were unwearable because they were too big,


In a flash of inspiration I decided to fit the wool-skin ones inside The Warehouse ones and .... bingo!


Robert's your father's brother.


The Old Girl still thinks that I look like a clown though.




Thank you for your time and patience.

10 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Wow! What a great post! Some people are already calling TC 'old four slippers'. This post will certainly transcend the restrictions of time!

Sheer genius!


Or have I been too kind?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I think Richard will spend time in purgatory for asking that question.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No I won't because there is no such place, just like there is no Catholic heaven or hell. That's all just utter nonsense. Fuck off Robert (that's the opposite of I love you Robert).

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey, the 'fuck' word was just an expression. No harm meant.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Be nice guys. The All Blacks are playing in a few minutes.

Richard (of RBB) said...

And they won!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes. It was a hellova good game to watch.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

"Silly people throwing leather around in a field". Fr Patrick.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sounds like Father Patrick is a bit opinionated. Hey, he just put down a whole group of people. Doesn't sound like he does the 'I love you Fozzie' bit. Probably time for Father Paddy to fuck off.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I think that Father Patrick is really Robert.