Friday 26 August 2022

HYPERBOLE ....

 .... is alive and well in Nuova Lazio*


I was talking to an old guy on the phone this morning while going about my morning routine and, in the space of about 5 minutes, he managed to make several massive exaggerations.

"Richard's Bass Bag is the leading blog around here..."

..... was just one of them.

Another was saying that it would take him about an hour to drive to Foxton from his home. Yeah right! It'd take him that long to get over the Waiunuiomata hill leaving a long line if disgruntled drivers in his path.

What really got to me though was his saying that he'd done the Waiunuiomata to Foxton trip - and I quote - "millions of times".

Really!











* It's really Wainuiomata - don't ask.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Pretty accurate reporting.





Not.



I've put things right on my latest post, so 'no worries'.