Thursday 11 August 2022

RUNNING ON EMPTY

 RUNNING ON EMPTY - JACKSON BROWNE


I went to the blood clinic for some tests yesterday. The woman who first stuck a needle in my left arm had no problem except for the fact that no blood came out into the tube.

"I'm empty" I said which cracked her up.

She went to get a supervisor who also had the same problem.

"It's the same with stones" I said and she smiled although I then worried about what she'd do with the needle. She had a go at my right arm, finding a vein, inserting the needle and, sure enough blood came out and filled the tube. Job done.

Why would blood come out of my right arm and not my left one though?

Is this some sort of political statement - or religious?

THE BLOOD DONOR

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Take care, my old friend.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Jesus did say "...But when you give to the needle, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing..."

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Was Jesus a junkie?