Sunday 26 April 2020

A LONGER WALK

Given the enthusiastic acceptance of a previous post A SHORT WALK, another 'walking' post is in order.

Here it is!

The good news is that I walked a longer distance and so took a few extra photographs.

I started the walk going along the same track that I went on the other day. To get a feel for this I suggest that you look at the photos from that post and imagine them backwards. OK?

Instead of walking along the north side of Mount Aubrey I went south and took the longer track around Reotahi Point to Little Munro Bay.

Even statues take precautions


Normally there are Rifleman birds flitting about here but not today



Looking south



West towards Marsden Point

Big tree growing over the track

A bit of 'UP'

Looking East

Little Munro

A lot of 'UP'

From the top of a very steep road

Lookung out over McLeod Bay

For Richard

McLeod Bay

Towards home

My road

Nearly home

Home

4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Reminds me of a Tolkien novel "There and back again".
There's Mt Marsden belching fumes.
The friendly trees.
An evil cow.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Marsden Point refinery and it emits less noxious fumes than you think.
I'm on a local environment watchdog committee that meets with council and the refinery 4 times a year to view reports and discuss problems. I'm sure that there are places in Moera, Gracefield and Seaview that emit way more than Marsden does.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I enjoyed thos post, except only for the times I fell asleep. At least it was better than Arcjbishop Christopher Prowse's effort.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"I enjoyed thos post, except only for the times I fell asleep. "

Thanks. That's a nice comment that I might be able to use for promotional purposes for my blog.
Of course I'll have to correct the obvious spelling error and maybe reformulate what I think you were meaning to say - along the lines of:

"I really enjoyed this post. The soothing images and gentle cadence relaxed me."