Tuesday 28 April 2020

FAST FOOD

I made a comment before on my previous post about people who frequent fast food outlets. It might come across as elitist - sorry about that.
Good friends Dave (now deceased) and Jane used to own and manage a dairy in Newtown in the early 1980s. Even back then they told me that people who had the lowest incomes would often be their best customers spending the most money. This was because they didn't plan their food shopping and cooking, buying instead convenience foodstuffs when not buying takeaways for the family. Often mothers would send the kids along at the last minute to buy big (and expensive) packs of bacon to have for dinner. It's sad and things haven't got any better.

Yesterday I made wholemeal pizza bases in my bread-maker. I rolled out the dough and cut it into oblongs for small, easy to make pizzas. I 'blind' baked these for a few minutes before freezing.



Some tomato paste or pesto lining topped with Mozzarella cheese, tuna or salami, vegetables and other classic pizza toppings makes for a quick and delicious meal. Cheaper than chips and a whole lot better for you. After warming the oven it only takes 10 minutes or less to cook these babies!

No comments: