Thursday 23 April 2020

DRIVING LACKADAISICALLY*

I drove to town today to do a weekly supermarket shop.
I went all the way to Countdown Whangarei as there were a few things needed that we cannot get at our local superette.

The roads were real quiet which made it a pleasure to drive.

I don't drive as fast as I used to years ago, but on this winding, 27 kilometre drive you have to move along at a reasonable clip or you get some idiot in a powerful behemoth or a wank car  tailgating you.



The speed limits on our road are a joke. There are a couple of short 50 KM and 70 KM stretches but the rest is all 100km and Open Road speed. The roads are really only safe to drive on at 80 at the most but many think it too wimpy to do this and so travel at 100 and above.





Today though it was nice to just tootle along at 80 with no-one behind me.
I felt like one of those old Prowse jokers.










* Can you find the pun?

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

This has been a popular post.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I feel like one of those old Prowse jokers.