Thursday 9 June 2022

A FREE SHOT

 I thought about writing posts of my underwear, my collection of nose pickings or a list of the accomplishments of the catholic church (I know, I know, it would be short but I didn't realise that I'd have so much time on my hands) but then looked outside in the early evening and saw the nearly full moon risen in the East next to our local mountain, Mount Manaia.



I quickly took this pic before the light faded too much. This was from the deck outside our bedroom.


Soon after this the twilight gloom was overtaken by darkness although it's still nice outside. We've had a great day here with clear blue skies, no wind and the temperature reached 18°. Marvellous. I played tennis this morning and had intended to get up in the attic again to complete the 'duck-boarding' but couldn't be bothered. I just enjoyed the afternoon with the deck doors open.


I guess that Richard and Shelley are in Picton now becoming acclimatised to the cooler South Island weather although, unlike Wellington, Marlborough generally offers blue skies and calm days in winter. The hills can be snow covered however and frosts are to be expected. Local knowledge dictates that travelling with sensitive musical instruments like violins, violas, cellos and double basses is risky as the frosty temperatures can crack the light wooden skins and distort the string settings. I hope that Richard takes precautions. No doubt he will sleep with Signora Violina and Shelley will have to sleep on the couch.

I trust that they've found a nice place to stay the night. There are some good dining establishments there with good wine lists. I warned him about Marlborough chardonnay but doubt that he will listen. With luck he will curtail his chardonnay ingestion until he gets to Nelson where the offerings are better.

But, moving on.















1 comment:

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That was shaping up to be a good post and would have received comments from Richard. Robert, god, Jesus and The Holy Ghost weren't mentioned though so Robert wouldn't have taken notice. The whole post would have been too long for his comprehension skills as well.