Friday 17 June 2022

COMPLETENESS

This evening, after dinner which was one of my favourite dishes - teriyaki fish and rice  for me ( a Japanese inspired dish) and The Old Girl's fish-burger for her  (both using terakahi),  I stepped out on to the deck after cleaning the kitchen and washing the dishes.

It is a very mild evening which is surprising for the time of year (winter) but it has been a lovely day. I mowed the lawn and got a fair bit of gardening in today taking advantage of the break from the stormy conditions that we've had for a while.

Out on the front deck which overlooks the bay I sat and admired the dark sky and the stars searching for Matariki .


It's about the time of year for 'Maori New Year'  and I was looking forward to enjoying the spectacle in unusually mild conditions for the time of year and time of day. Unfortunately too many wispy clouds obscured the view but, nevertheless I enjoyed the search.

I poured myself a small measure of Cognac (Remy Martin Club) and sat out on the deck for a while enjoying the stillness broken by the little sounds of night-time birdlife, the ripple of the waves and distant voices. It was magic and I'd only poured myself a small Cognac (but I did drink a glass and a half of pinot noir with my dinner) and it reminded me that life can be good, very good as long as we have the opportunity, or inclination, to take time out and enjoy what it has to offer.

I hope that you've enjoyed your evening as well.




3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Out on the front deck which overlooks the bay I sat and admired the dark sky and the stars searching for Matariki."
Can you spot the grammatical error in this sentence?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Have you got the results of my maths homework yet? I'm worried that I might have missed placing brackets in on of The formulae.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Glad you enjoyed your evening old fella. Yes, the Martinborough Wine Association has reported an upsurge in Cleanskin sales.