Friday 10 June 2022

COSY

 There's something primally satisfying about lighting a fire on a cold day.


It's a bit wild outside and definitely cooler so I have no plans for outdoors activity. We have heat pumps but I prefer a fire which, in addition to heating the house, creates a cosy glow.

The wood stocks are holding up quite well in the woodshed and should see us through winter. 


Because of the heat-pumps and new replacement HRV ceiling ventilation units, we haven't used the fire much this year so far. A bit of reading and maybe watching a film on TV will do the job nicely. Being June, I searched for The Longest Day on the various video platforms we subscribe to but surprisingly none have featured it. Bummer.

I made a leek, potato and ham pie last night and we have enough left over for lunch.

At tennis yesterday one of the players gave me some snapper he had caught that morning so it'll be home-made fish 'n' chips for tea tonight. That'll make Robert happy because he's always interested in what people have for tea and, being a Catholic he will approve of having fish on Friday.

How's your day going?

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Google's award seems to have gone to the right person! I want to get my readership up and be just like you!


What? You have a readership of two?