Sunday 12 June 2022

LOAFING ABOUT

 The cold grey weather continues with intermittent rain so another day indoors is happening. If it gets cold I'll put a heat pump on as I can't be arsed going out to get wood for the wood burner.

I've got a hankering for sultana loaf for afternoon tea so set to making one.

As I assembled the ingredients The Old Girl reminded me that we need a new wholemeal loaf so I started one of those going as well.

The silver one is making a 500gm fruit loaf and the white one a 750gm wholemeal loaf.

In a couple of hours the kitchen will be redolent of the warm rich smell of freshly baked bread.




As you can see I use electric bread-makers so purists can walk away now. I don't make bread the way my grandmother did - mixing in a bowl and waiting for the yeast to rise and then baking in an oven. I also, for convenience use an espresso coffee machine, an electric jug and toaster and a microwave oven. OK?

I hope all the other bloggers are staying warm and cozy. Maybe Robert can get his pie-maker out and bake a few dozen pies. Some recommendations are butter chicken, lamb and vegetables, savoury pumpkin, fish, steak peas and potato or mince.


Richard said that he'll be practising on his violin so poor Shelley will no doubt be forced to go outside unless she has a good set of earplugs.

Oh, that reminds me, dinner tonight is left-over pumpkin and lentil lasagne from last night with a tomato sauce base and bok choy.

6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I was feeling a bit lost today but feel better now because I know what TC will be eating all day.















NOT

Richard (of RBB) said...

This post could easily have taken the "Well, That's Boring" award.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Have you finished?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Of course he didn't have a priest to consecrate the bread, but I thought it rather nice he was baking bread on Sunday when his fellow Catholics are eating the real body and blood of Jesus at Sunday Mass.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You make Mass sound like a cannibalistic orgy.

Richard (of RBB) said...

It is.