Tuesday 6 December 2022

"AND THE OSCAR GOES TO ..."

 Remember these?


Yes, the old lambswool slippers that wore out and, instead of buying new ones I put a pair of The Warehouse synthetic ones over the top which, due to the fact that they were cheap and shoddily made, quickly wore out as well and dropped bits of stuff all over the house so that the Old Girl was led to say something like "either those slippers go or you do Matey" to paraphrase Oscar Wilde's deathbed final words:


I could provide links to the earlier slipper series posts if you like. No trouble.

Anyway, I finally relented and bought a pair of lambswool slippers on-line which arrived today:


The Old Girl's pleased. She said that the old ones could go in the bin.

I looked at her blankly.

"In the bin Matey, in the bin" she said.

I said that I was thinking of holding on to the old ones "in case I wanted to wear them outside".

"No-one wears slippers outside" she said "apart from old men who live in the Hutt Valley. In the bin."

Oscar Wilde and her have a lot in common.


3 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Two things.
I wonder how long you have been wearing the socks.
Yes I do wear slippers outside, especially now that there is no dog poo! Though I do also wear plastic crocodile slip ons which I leave at the back door.
It is worth buying good slippers.
Well done.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

The photos were taken about a minute apart.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I’d love to see a pic of your ‘crocodile’ slip ons.
Are they like Richard’s tiger slippers?