Sunday 4 December 2022

IT'S OLD, PAST IT AND TAKES UP SPACE*

* No, it's not me that The Old Girl was talking about this time. 

She wants to get rid of the wood burner in the spare lounge at the end of the house,

THE ONE THAT RECENTLY I HAD FIXED!


You may remember this post from June 2020: WOOD BURNER

Why she didn't tell me back then that she'd prefer it gone Robert's god only knows.

I'm getting quotes for removal.

To be fair, not having it there will provide more space for .... something else.

We don't need the wood burner now that we installed a heat pump in this room. Wait ... I have a post on this ....just kidding.

It'll be interesting removing the tiled platform it sits on to see the state of the floorboards. These are probably kauri or matai and, if in good condition I might pull up the carpet and have them polished.

There's always something to do with an old house (c.1910)

2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

A lot like old chairs. Wood burners are a thing of the past like oil or gas fired central heating.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes,I like old chairs.