Monday 26 December 2022

IT'S SAD REALLY

 Richard didn't know what a mook was and when I tried to educate him via a specially dedicated post this is what he commented:


Robert was banging on about how guardian angels help him after he's done something silly and put his and his family's life in danger and, when I pointed out that a good guardian angel would have stopped him doing that silly thing BEFORE he did it, this is what he commented:


These things happened over the last couple of days and, I'm sad to say, are quite typical of how my informative and helpful posts have been received over the last year. It's the 26th of December today, Boxing Day - the  anniversary of the Boxer Rebellion, the anti-foreign, anti-colonial and anti-Christian uprising in China between 1899 and 1901 by the Society of Righteous and Harmonious Fists, known as the "Boxers" - and there are only a few days left in the year 2022.

I have tried, through my informative and helpful posts to bring a little culture, a bit of decency and a lot of open-mindedness to a closed-minded Catholic and a pedantic old schoolteacher and frankly* it seems to have been all in vain. I think that I will have to give some thought to my approach to blogging in 2023.







* Neither of them is named Frank

9 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I could change my name Frank, if that helps you to lift your blogging standards.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Only if you were to correct your grammar otherwise we both might be embarrassed.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Please explain Mr. Idon'tneedtoproofread.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"I could change my name Frank, if that helps ..."

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Your posts always sound like you a pimping on somebody!

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Who are you actually talking to? Satan?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You know that Richard will become jealous of all these comments going on to my post.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Damn! You're getting a lot of comments!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to pimp.