Monday 19 December 2022

MAD DOGS AND ENGLISHMEN*

 * I'm not either but I did go out in the midday sun today.


The forecast this week is for rain, thunderstorms and more rain but yesterday was glorious (I played golf in the late afternoon) and today is a real cracker. I was tired after watching the World Cup football final at 4AM so didn't go out for a walk until 11.30. I should have gone out very early after the football match had ended.

Anyway, the walk was good and I kept to the shady track most of the way.


I stopped at 'Epiphany Beach'** for a while and took some photographs. I just missed photographing a very large fish which leapt out of the water.




Around the bay the pohutukawa are flowering. This one has deep red flowers that are attracting the bees.


At the top just right of centre is my favourite tree that stands by the seat at the highest point of the track where I was heading to ....

....... here.

Me (showing where I burnt my lower lip eating hot corn on the cob last night)

I hope that you are all having a nice day as well.



** 'Epiphany Beach' named by The Old Girl when she sat here 14 years ago and came up with the idea of us selling up and moving.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I might save reading that one for a rainy day.

It'll need to be at least a thunderstorm.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You're in luck. The thunderstorm has been raging for the last half hour and now it's raining.
How's that for serendipity?
You'd better get in quick and read it before the rush starts.