Saturday 31 December 2022

LET'S GET SERIOUS ABOUT SERIES

 If I were to make a New Year resolution tomorrow it would be to complete the post series that I've begun over the last few years.

I've let readers down I know - mea culpa*.

Each series starts off well and some run for several episodes until I either run out of steam or forget about them - having twenty seven blogs to maintain is a big responsibility you know. 

I looked through a couple of years of posts and uncovered these series:


  • INTERVIEW series. This is going well and has been enthusiastically received. we are up to 14 episodes now.
  • IF WE WROTE POSTS LIKE RICHARD'S series. Sadly there was only a Part One ('Norman') in this and no further episodes eventuated due to lack of demand. The content matter spoke for itself really. 
  • THINGS I DON'T UNDERSTAND series. This ran to two episodes which is strange as there are many, many things that I don't understand. This will definitely be refreshed in the coming year.
  • THE SLIPPERS POST series. This was very popular and ran to two episodes but, once a pair of new slippers were purchased with no further problems there wasn't anything more to say.
  • THE CURMUDGEON'S MEETING SERVICE  series. While being a great idea this only ran to one episode titled 'MEETING #1'. It did receive very positive comments from Richard and Robert which obviously is why it was discontinued.
  • THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW WERE TRUE series. This was very promising and I don't know why I didn't carry on with it. It ran to two episodes only but these were classics.
  • BLAST FROM THE PAST series only had one episode. This series promised to repeat past The Curmudgeon posts and should have been very popular. It will have to go on the 'to be continued' list.
  • IT'S HERE series. Only two episodes were made from a promised 84. I was remiss.
  • NICE series. Two episodes only which suggests that all that niceness exhausted me.
  • BORED series ran to three episodes but frankly, I think I'm bored with that so won't continue it.
  • INAPPROPRIATE HUMOUR series had only one episode but is well worth having more added. Stay tuned.
  • MEMORIES series also only had one episode but, as you know, The Nostalgic Curmudgeon blog was later created so we'll leave the memories to him.
  • AUCKLAND THE SERIES  series ran to two episodes. I don't know why I didn't continue with it.
  • RAKIURA STEWART ISLAND series ran to four episodes and did its dash really. There won't be any more but if I travel to Great Barrier Island next year I could do a new series to keep your interest up.
  • THE OLD GIRL'S BIRTHDAY series consisted of two episodes which were enough.
  • THE SHOWER series very surprisingly only had one episode. I need, for your sakes, to revisit this.

Well that was only 2022 and 20121 years looked at. The more observant reader will have noticed that the DOORS, WINDOWS, FURNITURE, DECK, GARDEN, TRAILER, PAINTINGS, UNDERWEAR, PLUMBING, TENNIS, TOILET BAG and other fascinating series from earlier years haven't been mentioned. This doesn't suggest that there is no life left in these series and new episodes may be forthcoming. The priority though, to honour my promise and obligation to you is to continue those series from 2022 and 20121.

Watch out!















    * Mea culpa - for those not having been in the P classes means "yah boo sucks to you you losers" in Latin.

    3 comments:

    Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

    No, you have not let anybody down by not righting those posts. I promise!

    Richard (of RBB) said...

    But did he really put stuff right?
    Did he clear up the religion thing?

    THE CURMUDGEON said...

    No, I think that crap like that is best left to commercial cleaners to clear up.