Wednesday 28 December 2022

EGGLESS IN GODZONE

“Behave like an old man and your body will function like an old man’s,”

― Aldous Huxley, Eyeless in Gaza


I was moved by the response to the latest Peter's Golf Bag post.

Obviously there are some Graham Gouldman fans out there - as there should be - the man is brilliant.


When I got back from golf, The Old Girl was waiting for the car as she wanted to go to the shops and was making a list. Having heard on the news of the egg shortage I told her "No eggs today" and then thought (again) of the Grahame Gouldman song.

No eggs today, the chickens just won't lay

The shelves are all quite bare, there just are no eggs there

No eggs today, I know it's not quite right

But that's the way it is, we're all in this plight.

How did I know, this awful information?

I heard it on the news - National Radio station

What does it mean, for breakfasts in the nation?

I'd check out the ducks, without any hesitation.


No eggs today ...



1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"You're becoming a bit of a Graham Gouldman bore." said Gloria.