Saturday 14 January 2023

A DAY IN THE LIFE


 

Same title but that's really the only connection. I love the song though and this is a good video.

A day in my life yesterday was going to Kapiti coast to further sort out living arrangements for my sister. All went well but it made for an exhausting and very long day with multiple trips between Paraparaumu and Waikanae taking some furniture and essential items and then a clean up and getting rid of rubbish. The major clean up and getting rid of things from my sister's Paraparaumu cottage will be undertaken by a very helpful real estate agent (thanks for the offer of assistance Richard - that was much appreciated). The new arrangement - in a Ryman Healthcare facility seems pretty good and my sister will be safer and better cared for.

A day in Richard's life yesterday was on the strange side. It looks like he's become a parrot.


I wonder if he was influenced by that excellent Michael Keaton film 'Birdman'?


Maybe not. Maybe he's just gone 'cuckoo'. I'll ask if there's a vacancy at the Ryman Healthcare facility.

Robert's drifting off again. In two posts in a row he's filmed himself looking like someone's crazy old uncle at family get-togethers playing his Hammond organ.


You can see the link here:    THURSDAY


And again on Friday.


You can generally link to his blog to see the latest post: HERE


He reminds me of Margarita Pracatan for some reason. 


Good luck to him though. I just hope that he doesn't revert to this period in his 'Mad Old Uncle Bob' life.




2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You're smashing the comment race while I'm away!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks and I can see why you left that comment. Coincidentally it fits in well with the 'Leave your comment' instruction for this blog: "We value readers' comments and fully understand the limitations of some who are geographically and educationally challenged. We even welcome comments and advice from old, retired and pedantic schoolteachers as we realise that they have nothing much in their lives now to interest them."