Wednesday 18 January 2023

MAINTAINING PERFECTION

 Richard wrote in his latest posts that the old guy, the hero in his new series (really himself) is past his prime and has become weak with age and dissipation.

"He attempted to throw the key into the sea but it fell short into the sand. Old arm muscles."

Fair enough but I think that he always threw 'like a girl' and age doesn't have a lot to do with that.

I do accept that his overdeveloped arm and fingers from - I guess- his bass and violin practice counteracted this and, in his story, enabled him to get the better of the thugs who were trying to rob him.

"Now the angry looking guy looked really pissed off. Soon he was to learn about the German bow grip. Neil moved quickly, very quickly, and his right hand did what bassists call an up bow but is really more of a sideways movement - it's a term that originated with violinists. It caught the angry looking guy on his left ear and was very quickly followed by an eye poke from Neil's left hand first finger. "Practice over." Neil Senning thought to himself."

Anyway - I don't want to end up like him so I did my exercises on the rowing machine and the exercycle today.


7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

It looks like my story is going international!

Oh, yes, that's right. The only people who read this blog are Robert and I.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I wonder if they read our blogs in Hell?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, yours - that's a given.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well, at least you'll have something to do down there. I don't know if they have tennis or golf.

Music will all be trombone music. There could be bagpipes too but I'm not sure about that.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Bagpipes, ukuleles, double basses and banjos - they are a given.

Richard (of RBB) said...

The poor old banjo always gets mocked. Anyway, in Heaven they only have bloody harps.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Bloody harps?
I guess that comes from too much playing.