Monday 23 January 2023

INSPIRATION

Sometimes we just need a little bit of encouragement.

I wasn't going to tell you about a new development with the blinds in the house but Richard has encouraged me by making a positive comment on my previous post - the one about the drainage plans at the back of the house. He said:


*****************


When The Old Girl is working in her office (my previous study), I set up the laptop in the lounge at the end of the dining table. This generally works OK but, at certain times of the day, the light coming in the window of the door to the side deck makes it difficult for me to read the screen properly and may contribute to the odd spelling mistake or other error.



I've temporarily fixed this by hanging up a towel to block the light which diminishes it somewhat. See:


Which is an improvement on this:




Here's a longer shot of it and you can see how the glare has been reduced.



The problem with this is the unsightliness of the towel hanging there (according to The Old Girl) and the fact that I used two drawing pins to affix it - "you've put holes in my door" said The Old Girl when she saw what I'd done. She suggested that I'd better 'quick-smart' get some blinds affixed - "and not some old crummy cheap ones that you'll get at the op-shop either" she said which intruded on my thought of using the old ones that I'd taken down from the study (her office) and put in the shed. She suggested getting bespoke ones made by Spotlight who provided the lounge blinds a couple of years ago.



Well, to cut a long story short, I measured up the door frame and contacted Spotlight and placed an order for the exact type of Venetian blind that we have. 

Job done - or almost as it takes about a month for them to be made up.



Thanks to Richard (of Richard's Bass Bag) for the inspiration for this post.


9 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You're on a roll!


Just like when you fell over and rolled while retrieving golf balls.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Look! Two comments!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I'm encouraged. It makes me wonder why I bother writing any serious posts when I can get comments on inane or frivolous ones. I guess you discovered that way before I did.

Richard (of RBB) said...

'Windows at Whangarei Heads House' was the turning point for most people.

Richard (of RBB) said...

5 comments now! This must be a great post!

Richard (of RBB) said...

See how it's done TC! 6 now!

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

You should do a post about the telescope. Has Whangarei Heads gone light free like the Wairarapa?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I think that Robert is on to something here. I have several pairs of binoculars and a monocular as well as the telescope. Each of them has it's own story. This could be the basis of a post or even a series. Given the popularity of this post I'd better make it a series.
Thanks Robert.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Fuck!