Sunday 8 January 2023

A NICE DANCE



A NICE DANCE


Richard and Robert have been wittering on about Niccolo Paganini's 24 Caprices for sometime now and there doesn't seem to be an end to it. Robert's been talking of it on his posts and Richard has actually played some Paganini (not the 24th) on his posts. I gather from their banging on that Caprice No. 24 in A minor is an extremely difficult piece for violin and one that's stumped musicians for centuries.

OK, OK, I get it (sometimes) but do we have to have endless bloody posts on it? Richard's posts have morphed into allegories and parodies with obscure references to Paganini and the caprices. Sheesh! It did encourage him to trawl through the internet and find some nice images though.

I thought that I'd better find out what they're on about so did a YouTube search and found this:





Right. I recognise that tune. I've heard it used in films, TV programmes and even on a video game. It's right up there with 'The Devil Went Down To Georgia' by Charlie Daniels.



Who say's I suffer from amusia?

2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yes, yes, those Chinese violinists are technically good; but often expression is ignored.
The Devil went down to Georgia is a poor analogy as Paganini was Catholic who was just a brilliant performer.
I've heard parts of FarCry 6 that resemble the Caprice 24 intro. I will try and record it next time.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Yes, yes, those Chinese violinists are technically good; but often expression is ignored."

Mmm - either racism or jealousy is at play here.

"The Devil went down to Georgia is a poor analogy as Paganini was Catholic who was just a brilliant performer."

I don't know what Robert is suggesting here and I'm used to his gobbldy-goop. His lack of understanding of parody, irony and humour is consistenth ough so - 'hats off to him'.

"I've heard parts of FarCry 6 that resemble the Caprice 24 intro. I will try and record it next time."

OK, fill your boots.