Monday 16 January 2023

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

 


We really must talk about Robert the apathetic sanctimonious sinner and toilet cleaner  - or at least about his blog title or blog persona.


"God! God! Are you up there?"

We can all agree that he's apathetic, sanctimonious and a toilet cleaner - that's a given. A sinner though? I'm not sure. If he is then all of that silly church-going, praying and sanctimony isn't doing him much good. My issue though is in the blog name. As far as what he  does in his own time, that's his business. If he has Mongolian fantasies and wants to be known as 'Robert Khan conquerer of the known world and mass murderer of millions and progenitor of billions of people throughout the ages' then, good luck to him. "Fill your boots" I'd say. 

In these very popular blog posts (made even more popular when Richard (of Richard's Bass bag) goes away on his annual retreat  to Caserta - sorry, Taihape), I occasionally need to refer to Robert's blog currently known as Robert the apathetic sanctimonious sinner and toilet cleaner and I'm at risk of RSI from all that typing. He needs to shorten his blog's name and simplify it to match what he wants to proselytise bang on about say. 'Robert's Religious Ravings' or 'An Apology For A Catholic' could be options. I prefer the simple 'Hey You" though as Spike Milligan answered when an army officer asked him "what do they call you?".

"I'm Spike,' sometimes known as stop thief or hey you.'"

          - Spike Milligan from 'Goodbye Soldier. 





2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

What a strange blog! I'm expected to alter my jovial blog title because the Alternate Curmudgeon cannot master links!
I'm sure The Curmudgeon has no problem with creating a list of favourite blogs!
I direct you to the philosophical curmudgeon; even he has mastered copy and paste of other people's cartoons!
Maybe we need an IT curmudgeon.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, we do need an IT Curmudgeon. Thanks for the idea. I'll put the name to the selection panel who are currently reviewing the application by The Long-Winded Curmudgeon.

Your title doesn't suggest joviality though. Maybe include some little fat and happy emojis into the 'long-winded' title.