Wednesday 11 January 2023

"DON'T KNOW WHY THERE'S NO SUN UP IN THE SKY ..."

 


Cyclone Hale seems to be moving on after battering us up here for a couple of days.

Roads were closed due to flooding, slips and fallen trees so I've been housebound again just like last week. Next week there might be another storm or cyclone - La Nina or Global Warming?


I hope this cyclone continues eastward away from New Zealand and doesn't go south to Wellington.


RICHARD: "That's very considerate of you TC."

TC: " Oh, yeah, cheers ... but I'm worried about me - I have to fly to Wellington on Friday."


My sister and I are going to Wellington for the day* on Friday to check up on our other sister. 7AM flight and 8PM return so it'll be a long day. I'm driving to Auckland tomorrow and back on Saturday. The Brynderwyn hill road was closed yesterday along with another section of SH1. I hope all that's been cleared by then.

Hey ho! I'd better do some housework for The Old Girl.



* Won't get a chance to catch up Richard but will do so at the end of the month with The Old Girl.


7 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You'll catch up with The Old Girl?
Oh, I see what you mean.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Robert is king of the blogs! We salute you King Robert!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Okay, three comments now. Just to keep it respectable.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You poor thing!

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

"7AM flight and 8PM return so it'll be a long day".
There is plenty to do in Wellington.

Richard (of RBB) said...

How are you travelling from the airport?

Anonymous said...

By a bird that flaps its wings!