Monday 9 January 2023

HERE COMES THE RAIN AGAIN

 


I know that there has been criticism of my use of music clips to highlight posts with one old miserable bugger saying:

"I'm critical of The Curmudgeon's use of music clips to highlight posts" 

Well, I don't care as I really like that song by Annie Lennox. I would have used the clip even if it wasn't raining again. Hey! Did I ever tell you that The Old Girl went to school in Aberdeen with Annie? 

 Yes, as I alluded, it's raining again here. We had one day ONE DAY of blue sky and sunshine. That was yesterday or at least half a day. 

As Annie says in her song :

"Here comes the rain again

Falling on my head like a memory"

Don't take my word for it - here's what NZ Herald's weather section said: 

"The first tropical cyclone of 2023 in the South Pacific has been named this afternoon and is expected to hit New Zealand early this week, wreaking more havoc across the North Island.

Cyclone Hale was located southwest of New Caledonia at midday today and is expected to approach the northeast of the North Island on Monday and Tuesday.

It will then likely pass southwards over or near the eastern North Island on Wednesday, before moving away to the east."

Here's an image to show this:


 I'd insert a graph for you if I had one that's appropriate - I know that you like graphs but I don't have a relevant one ....... Oh what the hell - here's one anyway. Enjoy:





2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Go easy on him Robert. Things must be desperate up north.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Possano i tuoi coglioni trasformarsi in emù e prendere a calci il tuo dunny"

- Old Italian saying