Tuesday 17 January 2023

WATCHING OVER ME

 



I got the Arlo security cameras going again today.





I haven't had them operating since 2020 when I was going to Wellington each month. I had to charge up each camera and re-boot the system - it took a while but this will provide a bit of peace of mind for when we go out of town. I can see the live images triggered by movement on my phone, iPad or lap top computer and the images (film) is held in memory for a month. I can set alerts as well so that when travelling away from home, if there is movement atthe front, back or inside the house  my phone will 'beep'.

The Arlo system is pretty good as the cameras are high tech and produce nice clear images. They're pretty resilient as well as, being coastal we get more than our share of stormy weather yet the cameras stand up to it - particularly the one at the front which is the most exposed.

We have three cameras on the system - one covering the front deck; one covering the rear porch and the third covering the hallway



1 comment:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

"He's got a nice house eh". I said reclining on the couch, sipping a coffee with the notebook on my lap.
"Oh yes" she replied.
That camera in the hallway is only half charged I mused, privately to myself.