Thursday 13 January 2022

BOTH BARRELS

 


I gave both barrels to an idiot at tennis this morning. This guy is a newbie and a bit of an idiot. He was complaining  that when he went to the local dairy that they refused him service unless he was wearing a mask. He said he only wanted to buy cigarettes (so you can see what sort of fool he is).


He bemoaned the fact that as he didn't drive (read lost his licence) How could he be expected to always have a mask on hand. I suggested pockets, a backpack or some sort of trolley. I also reminded him that it is the law and the dairy owner was well within his rights in demanding that he wear a mask to enter their shop. I reminded him that in Britain, in WW2 citizens were required to carry gas masks. I also reminded him ....... you get the picture.

This idiot then later complained that he hadn't been allowed to visit his mother in a rest home - "to give her a hug" - unless he could prove that he was vaccinated. He said that he didn't believe in vaccinations but that he got vaccinated in order to visit his mother. Somehow I didn't believe him and made sure that I was more than a couple of metres away from him. 

"Why don't you believe in vaccinations?" I said shouted to him.

" Because I'm scared of needles" he replied.

I told him to suck it up and do the right thing for the good of everyone. The others agreed with me.


Sheesh!


5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"He bemoaned the fact that as he didn't drive (read lost his licence) How could he be expected to always have a mask on hand."

How the bit of badly punctuated grammar above could be fixed...

He bemoaned the fact that, as he didn't drive (read: 'lost his licence'), how could he be expected to always have a mask on hand?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, keep going - you'll make the 'P' classes one day.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Just registering that I read the blog. Wish you all the best.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks for reading my blog post Robert and also thanks for wishing me all the best. 'All' is quite a - well, all encompassing thing so I'll use that blessing wisely - YAY LOTTO! - and continue to live my life as responsibly as I can.

I'm just wondering however whether you had an opinion on the post 'BOTH BARRELS'?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Even Richard commented on the post after reading it.
Admittedly his comment didn't relate to the meaning and intent of the post and instead zeroed in on a grammatical mistake that I had noticed BUT COULDN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT BECAUSE WELL, LIFE'S TOO SHORT AND, AS YOU'VE SAID YOURSELF ROBERT, THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT LIKE GOBAL WARMING, COVID AND CHILLED RED WINES ......
SHEESH!

Anyway, I'm just wondering however whether you had an opinion on the post 'BOTH BARRELS'?