Friday 7 January 2022

FRIDAY IS FISH ....... NO, TODAY WILL BE CHEESE SOUFFLE

 It's The Old Girl's birthday today. We were going to celebrate at our favourite restaurant* but it is closed until the end of January. I'm making her a special dinner instead.

One of her favourite dishes as cooked by me is cheese soufflĂ© which I do quite well. See HERE


I'll accompany this with sautĂ©ed broccoli florets and sliced almonds (delicious) and, of course, we'll have some bubbles. She selected a Roederer Vintage 2014  from the small selection of Champagnes we have in the fridge.




It's raining today which makes a change from the blisteringly hot weather we've had during the week. The gardeners** are here though and a landscape guy is due to discuss a stone retaining wall. I've dug out umbrellas and raincoats so we can do an inspection when he arrives.

How's your day going?






* When I say 'favourite' we go there twice a year usually for her birthday and our anniversary. The food is great though. See HERE


** Don't worry. I'm planning a series on the garden reconstruction for you, Please be patient.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Happy birthday Lynn. xx
Buon compleanno. Auguri.




This post is up to your usual standard.




'Down' would be a better word to use.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

'Down'.

Do you mean soft and feathery like the souffle I make?
Thanks for that.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Glad you are observing the Friday fast from meat.
Happy birthday Lynn.
I would have opened two champaigns!

THE WINE GUY said...

Thanks Robert but we couldn't afford two bottles of Roederer vintage. Maybe you can.