Friday 28 January 2022

ET CUM SPIRITU TUO

 


Just checking.


I called in to Mitre 10 this morning before doing the supermarket shop.

I bought some weed-mat, a chainsaw sharpening tool and a spirit level* for ensuring that the garden pavers get laid straight. I'm all set for when I can be arsed to do the job.

We've got visitors arriving tonight for the holiday weekend so that'll let me off the hook to until Tuesday. Basically It's no good doing the job without The Old Girl's full attention to help supervise as, no doubt, afterwards she'd find fault and I'd have to do it again (or she would).

The spirit level was her idea. If it were up to me I'd just measure things 'by eye', squint a bit and think "yep, looks OK." Women have different expectations for the outcome of jobs than men do. I refer you to previous posts.







* Robert, not The Holy Spirit - he/she/it's not on the level.

2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Can I infer that women have not only different expectations but by nature a different roll, namely of gestation, which makes a nonsense of trans gender "identity" changes?

I did laugh at the latin.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'd be careful of saying that "women have a different roll" to Lynn if I were you.
She's a bit sensitive about her weight at present since her sore hip precludes her from doing her daily run. Just saying.