Wednesday 9 August 2023

A NOD IS AS GOOD AS A WINK TO A BLIND HORSE


Robert wrote an odd (see what I did there?) comment on my last post that's unconnected to the post content and, I guess as connected to reality as any of his comments (and posts) are:



I hope he's alright. I asked him to send me a gif demonstrating what sort of nod he gave that woman as context is important.


If it was a friendly nod like this ...


 .... then the woman was being rude by not acknowledging him.


If his nod was like this ...




.... then she might have seen it as being sarcastic so her non-response was justified.

If, on the other hand it was like this ...


.... then t was creepy and sexist and he's lucky he didn't get a knee in the balls.


I think though, as it was in church after all, that Robert was just psyching himself up for the Eucharist and his internal nuttiness was beginning to take effect.




The woman in that case was well advised to stay cool and aloof and if possible move further away.


If the nod came afterRobert had consumed the body of his Christ then ... lookout!


That woman was lucky to escape if you ask me.





 

14 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Thanks for explaining that.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Hey! No problem.

Richard (of RBB) said...

There we go, three comments.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You probably won't have noticed but this is how I build mine up.

4

Richard (of RBB) said...

Don't tell anyone.

5

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You'd be better off putting the time into writing posts on your blog.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

On second thoughts, no, it's probably better the way it is.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Eight comments now.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Tell me again why Shelley, after 39 years of marriage hasn't strangled you.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well, she has hit me three times.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Only once every 13 years though.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Ooo! Unlucky.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, lucky really. Only 3 times? The woman is a saint.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Well done. At least I didn't nod off reading it.