Sunday 27 August 2023

STARTING AT THE TOP

I was discussing with my sister  the hip tendinosis issue I have. She reaffirmed that even if I feel that it is getting better, it will take quite some time and that regular strenuous exercise (long walks, tennis, golf etc) should be curtailed.

I said that using the exercise machines is likely out as well - the rower, bike and stepper - and she said yes.

She added that using weights for upper body strength is a good idea though and that obviously this won't exacerbate the hip problem I'll get back into using these as we have a full set of them. It might mean that I'll be a bit out of balance for a while though.




1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Take your time, old boy. Rome wasn't built in a day. Actually, Whangarei wasn't built in a day either. Jesus didn't rise in a day. I'm off to a jam this afternoon. That jam doesn't happen on just one day, though they do play the same set of tunes. Anyway, I hope that this comment cheers you up a bit. Look after that hip old mate(y).