Tuesday 15 August 2023

MY GLUTEUS MAXIMUS IS NORMAL

 No football for me today - not playing anyway. I'll be watching it on TV though - the first semi-final tonight is Spain playing Sweden.

I used to play football - we called it soccer at Intermediate and Secondary schools. I was quite good at it and at Marist played in teams that won matches (in Standard 6 we never lost a game) but at St Pat's to play soccer was the equivalent of wanting to dress up as a girl and play LGBTQ games. Funny that coming from an institution made up of men who wore dresses and a number of whom 'played for the other team' or were pedophiles. Go figure. Richard wrote of this in a recent misleading post which you can read  HERE if you're mad.

Now, at age 71 even if I wanted to play soccer/football I wouldn't be able to because I have just been confirmed as having hip tendinosis with a tendon tear. I injured my hip through over-strenuous (for me) walking when The Old Girl and I did the glacier walks last month. It's bloody sore and limits my mobility.


For those of you unused to reading medical reports here's a pictorial depiction for you.


Oops - sorry, wrong one ...


.
.. that's better. Have you got it now?

I guess I'll have to  have some physiotherapy work which means no tennis, golf - or soccer for a while.

It's a bummer about the tennis as it's been a great day today - warm and sunny. I decided instead to do some small odd-jobs around the house that I haven't been able to recently through bad weather and the bad hip. 
I scrubbed down the window ledges and frames around the outside of the house before sandpapering, bogging as necessary and then replacing putty on some. I then applied two coats of paint to all except the newly-puttied ones as the putty needs a couple of weeks to set before painting. All good but the hip's sore now so a hot bath with Epsom salts is calling.





2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

If that first picture is you, you've got lovely hips.

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thank you …. I think.