Thursday 31 August 2023

SITTING

 


I mentioned in the previous post what a lovely day we have here. Warm sunshine, cloudless blue sky. Lovely. It should be a nice evening to see the rare super blue moon tonight.

This afternoon I went for a walk to the end of the bay. This was the first walk I've done since the Glacier walks in July when I hurt my hip.

I took it easy and, at the end of the bay track where steps lead up to the top I felt a bit of discomfort so sat on the rocks by the beach for an hour or so. 


It was very quiet and there were no ships coming in but I watched the gannets fishing instead. There was obviously a run of fish in the tide and the gannets and the odd seagull wheeled and dived and splashed looking for fish.


It's a magnificent sight seeing the beautiful and streamlined gannet diving down and folding it's wings before plunging deep into the water with an almighty whoomp-splash sound.

I was pleased to see that the council have recently erected a dog prohibition sign at the start of the track.


This is a kiwi sanctuary area and no dogs are permitted whether on a leash or not. Entitled arseholes have in the past removed the signs so I guess this one will also be defaced or broken but at least it's drawing the regulations to their attention. It also backs me up when I remonstrate with the arseholes. There were no dog-walkers today though.



2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yes, there are a lot of morons out there. Far too many. I won't use my favourite Italian quote.

Richard (of RBB)

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

You are fortunate to have such pristine areas around you.
Best to keep man's best friend out if there are kiwis living around there.