Thursday 17 August 2023

LEFT A BIT ... LEFT A BIT .... AH, THAT'S GOOD

It's been a funny old day today - ha ha.

The weather's been great being a lot warmer than it's been over the last week. With luck this might mean an early Spring but past experience tells me to beware. There's a lot of snow in the mid North Island and I think the Wellingtonians are freezing their little  arses off.


I've been inside unfortunately, having been given a telling off from The Old Girlⓒ (the original) for overdoing things with house maintenance when I should be resting my hip. I'm suffering for it now  with excruciating pain that necessitates having to imbibe chardonnay (from a bottle with a label on it).

I'm getting bored enough to write posts and to look up a Ruth Pretty tomato chilli jam recipe which I'll give a go making tomorrow. I've got lots of home grown chillies to use up.

Talking of being bored and writing posts ..... I was - keep up .... I checked out the other blogs and found that the other guys are in worse shape than me (apart from their arses having fallen off). They don't report any hip problems but one has to wonder at the state of their brains!

Take Richard (please? - (That's an old Vaudeville joke there not Richard, the joke). It's a bit sad when a university educated guy comes up with this stuff purporting to be wit:




Those excerpts are from his two latest posts. Riveting aren't they? No wonder Wainuiomata doesn't feature on (the more discerning) maps of Hutt South and that the singular most important icons of culture from there are Chloe's tiger slippers!


The other blogger, Robert the guy of many descriptors, now that his wife is thankfully back home (all the best Sue) is writing longer posts. I didn't say that this was a good thing. His latest is bizarre - I need to clarify things here - his latest is even more bizarre than the usual wittering on the Catholic Church, the saints, God, Jesus, The Holy Ghost, The Virgin Mary and the arcane sacrements if you can believe it. Don't take my word for it - check it out.

Here's an excerpt:



Oops - sorry that was the previous one but it gives you an idea.

Here's an excerpt from his latest:


Actually, if you're mad and actually checked out his blog you would have seen that these 'excerpts' were actually the entire posts. With Robert's posts it's hard extracting the excerpts from the entirety as the posts are always so short. It's like trying to take a skin sample from an ant. 






3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sorry, you need a comment.

Richard (of RBB) said...

It always looks better if you've got a couple of comments.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic post!



Just helping out with the comments.
No need for thanks.

Phillip Edward Nis