Friday 18 August 2023

SHIT JACKED UP



I mentioned billboards in a comment on Richard's latest post - the one where he was trying to justify his slow driving and blaming some guy named Jack Shit for it. "Who's Jack Shit?" you might ask. I'm not sure - maybe he's related to this guy:

"Who, me?"

When driving into town this morning The Old Girlⓒ (the original) and I noticed and commented on the new election billboards and how meaningless the campaign slogans are. 

From this weekend, election billboards will be going up all over the country for the lead-up to the General Election on October 14. I haven't seen all of them yet but the few I did see are a joke.

Labour's new slogan "IN IT FOR YOU" ....


.... is a joke and the party leads with its chin, inviting responses like "In what? The shit?" and not all of those will come from Richard of RBB since he actually (like me) votes Labour.
What moron thought this up? Oh yes, some dickhead ad-agency people. What moron in the Labour Party condoned this is a better question. I shudder to think how much was spent on it - hundreds of thousands minimum I guess.

ACT's new slogan is just about as silly. "REAL CHANGE".


What the fuck? 'Real' change - as opposed to bogus or unreal change I suppose. This just begs for a negative response. Once again and inordinate amount of money was spent to come up with this mumbo jumbo ....


...... and, talking of mumbo jumbo look at what that silly old fool Winston Peters has  signed off on - "LET'S TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY".


Take it back from who? Foreign nationals? Maoris? Immigrants? This is the sort of crap the Republicans and Donald Trump use in USA with underlying right wing and racist messages. Sheesh!

If this is what National is going to use then Robert's God help them:


That simp Luxon is just asking to get rolled by Nicola Willis and not in a nice way.

Willis: "Shove over you dick."




The best and most honest billboard I've seen in recent times was this*.










* Yes, I know it was doctored.

8 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I loved the last one.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It would be nice to see some honest slogans

"I'm in it for me". Labour

"Let's get back to the dark ages". Act (wanting to cut scientific development)

"We say the opposite to them". National

THE CURMUDGEON said...

EC vero - some old guy would say.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Or "La mamma degli imbecilli รจ sempre incinta.".

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Mind you, he could just as well say, in Italian, "the next bus leaves at 3 O'clock" and that'd keep him happy.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

But wouldn't enlighten us though.

Oh well, he's old and soon to get much older.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Il prossimo autobus parte alle quindici.

Richard (of RBB)

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks. You've found your true calling.