Wednesday 22 March 2023

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING ... NICE


I've been a bit vociferous in recent posts, comments and comments on other's posts so it's time to be nice.

Here's something very nice:



It's a pottery plate given to Lynn by Richard and Shelley. It's made by Shelley's late brother Steven Scholefield who had a remarkable talent. Thanks Richard and Shelley.

The plate came with a wall attachment and we looked about the house for the best place to display it but there was nothing appropriate where it can be seen to best advantage.

Lynn likes to use surfaces (I maintain that if I stayed still long enough she'd put a pot plant on my head) and there are some special surfaces where treasures are displayed - hey! I just thought of a new post series. Anyway, Lynn selected a spot for Steven's plate by removing a little fragile bowl with additions that was given to us by one of my nieces. She made this as part of her final submission for her honours art degree some years ago. This has been reassigned to another hall table elsewhere in the house.

The plate is on one of the three 'hall' tables we have - this one is in the lounge where, I must say it looks really good. I default to Lynn on these decisions because she has better taste than me - well, she did choose me as a partner.


2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Nice. Shelley will love this.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Looks good. We have a similar one hanging over an old light socket!