Sunday 5 March 2023

OUT DAMNED MOTHS ...

 ... and keep out.



It seems that yesterday's post was a bit too serious and Robert had difficulties with it:


I'll keep things simple in this post and just talk about annoying things.

No, not christians - this post is about pantry moths.


These little bastard either come within packages bought from supermarkets or manage to get their way in to containers of nuts, seeds and grains that are already in the pantry.

The problem seems to be getting worse. I don't recall this being much of an issue in earlier days and I had better eyesight then. Is there an issue with food hygiene with nuts, seeds and grains sourced from Asia? Probably.

EVIL WEEVILS

Anyway, today I went to Briscoes and bought a lot (20 mixed sizes) of Tablefair containers.


I replaced the Maxwell Williams ones we've been using (about 30 mixed sizes) as these have had pantry moths and larvae in them.


The Maxwell Williams ones look good but don't have screw lids. The fancy lid has a rubber seal that isn't impervious to insects.



The Tablefair containers have screw lids that create a nice tight seal.


These will stop any pest invasion in the pantry and I'll have to use more scrutiny when buying rice, oats, seeds, grains and nuts. I'll be that odd guy in the supermarket holding all the packets up to the light checking for weevils.

The Maxwell Williams ones will make good nails, nuts and bolt containers to store in the shed.






I wonder what religious, christian or catholic connotation Robert can draw from this?




2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I've heard that the Presbyterians don't get those creatures in their more hygienic churches.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

MAY A PLAGUE OF LOCUSTS INVADE YOUR CUPBOARDS!



I've been reading Robert's bible recently and for me, like Trent Horn and George MacDonald and C.S. Lewis for him, the writing styles are addictive.







I challenge you to have a look in the storage containers in your cupboards.