Wednesday 22 March 2023

SHOCK TREATMENT

 An awful anti-trans gender activist and instigator, Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull aka Posie Parker is in the news after causing disruption in Australia that verged on violence and is scheduled to do the same here in NZ.

When I heard of this I immediately thought that Robert would approve of her nasty and dangerous opinions given that they are a match for his own reactionary, 'head-in'the-sand' christian views on marriage, gender roles and sexuality.

Guess what? I wasn't disappointed. Robert of course, on cue wrote this:


I read this and thought about it and then wrote this comment:


I then thought about my comment and wondered if it was too abrupt, too rude and a bit unfair.

Nope.

Stupidity deserves to be shocked in order to make the commenter think about what they've said.

I might be just reading things into this but I think that it did shock Robert because in his very next post he wrote this:




I don't believe that my comment has made him re-think his (or his parish priest's) views on transgender rights but it did have some sort of resonance. Maybe I just have to keep bombarding him and, like a rock under pressure of water, wear him down so that he'll change.

I just hope that the rock isn't like Sisyphus's one though.







4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

She doesn't seem to be a nice person. Very up herself.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

WEel, you saw what I called her on Robert's blog.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

"I don't believe that my comment has made him re-think his (or his parish priest's) views on transgender rights but it did have some sort of resonance".
When we are 20 to 40 years of age, we think that everyone is thinking about us.
By the ages of 40 to 60 we realize that we are thinking of them.
From 60 to 80 we realize that actually what they think does not matter.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Bloody Dante's Inferno!

I agree with you Robert.