Sunday 19 March 2023

THIS PAST WEEK'S BLOG POSTS

 Nothing much of interest happened blog-wise this week.

Let's check up on Robert. That sounds a bit like that film We need to talk about Kevin.


Let's hope that Robert doesn't get that bad. While Richard and I give Robert a hard time about his religion we have to remember what Karl Marx was misquoted as saying - "Religion is the opiate of the masses" and that it keeps him 'sedated' I guess.

So what has Robert been up to the last week?


I'd say "well done with frequency and keeping to the (unwritten) rules of the community of at least a post a day.

Unfortunately, closer investigation of the posts reveal an odd fixation for immersing himself in cold water which is new and an addition to his other fixations. As long as this doesn't interfere with his 'opiate' addiction then OK but I do worry that immersion in cold water might wake him up and then we might all be in trouble.

Let's check out what Richard has been doing:

Frankly I'm surprised as I thought that the old guy had fallen off the wagon in terms of frequency but the post titles suggest that he has produced seven posts in the last seven days (unless that 'Another Bloody Sunday' one is for a Sunday of weeks ago.

Welcome back to 'the bag'.
Update from the bag.
Richard (of RBB) goes to confession.
Good morning.I'm off to a jam this afternoon. A B...
Brent Godfella.
It's almost bass practice time.
Another bloody Sunday.

Now as you know, I'm a very busy man with lots of blogs to update, living with a demanding woman and trying to be a pillar of the community so I don't have time to read and paraphrase Richard's posts but one that I do recall - 'Welcome back to 'the bag' - does resonate. Richard told us that he was spending a fortune on dental work. Now this I approve of as good dental hygiene is important for health and for social interaction but, many people don't know this, poor dental hygiene not only means that you have teeth problems (abscesses, cavities etc) but can contribute to heart disease, renal problems and bowel disorders!
"Shelley bought a Lotto ticket today. It might be something to do with the $15,000 bill I am about to incur for dental work. Holy Hell! It made me think of this next situation."

$15,000! Wow. For that sort of money we can be expecting something of a transformation.

Not a villain like this:



But hopefully a super-hero - 'Teeth Man:



 

No comments: