Tuesday 28 March 2023

I SKIPPED THE LIGHT THEN DANGLED ...

 .... yes, I always misheard that lyric ...


Now some knockers might rate this post as a filler but then, that's just because they have fillings on their brain today.

As I mentioned earlier, I completed the ceiling  painting today.

Removal of the fireplace and flue, and installation of a metal plate where the flue went up through the ceiling left some gaps and the need for some paint touch up.

I set up a ladder to go to the ceiling (maximum extension) and then remembered what The Old Girl had said to me:

"I'm not happy with you going up on ladders when I'm away Matey. I don't want to come home and find you dead on the floor for a week."

Yes, think of the mess!

So I set up another ladder next to it so I could lean on one while standing on the other.


Surprisingly this worked.

I had initially set up both ladders as trestles at their maximum extension and used a metal plank between them but when standing on it I felt a bit giddy and took The Old Girl's advice. I used this set up when changing the lights in the snooker room and can find a link to an old post about this if you want. No problem. Just let me know.

Anyway, job done even if the paint colour wasn't a perfect match for the ceiling boards but as long as The Old Girl doesn't turn on the main lights (she prefers the stand lamps like most women) then I'm 'home and hosed'.

I'm sorry that I didn't take a photo of the raw patch but here's a pic of the patch now Take my word for it - it is much better.



I put the couch back and voilĂ  - oops, sorry, I forget that 100% of readers didn't attend 'P' classes at school ...




1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You've been a good boy today.