Thursday 30 March 2023

"LET'S GO SNOWY - WE HAVE LOTS OF PATHS TO GO ..."

 I like to read and, using OVERDRIVE and LIBBY apps on my iPad I can access thousands of titles in all categories and get to read (free) both contemporary and older literature.


This doesn't stop me from re-reading titles in our bookshelves though.




Every few years I decide that it's time to re-read series of books from Tolkien, Le Carre. Pynchon, Dickens, Joyce, Donleavy etc. and, this time HergĂ©'s (Georges Prosper RemiTintin is due for a re-reading.


I got out all the books in the series and will start reading this weekend.

I like Tintin 'comics' even though, in recent times they have been criticised for racism, right-wing politics and a whole lot of other bad things but, to apply 'new' standards to all art and literature would mean that most of what has been produced before would have to be scrapped. 

We have a small Tintin poster on the wall in the snooker room.



The more observant reader will have noticed that I used a Tintin reference in my previous post about Vodafone.


Thank you for your attention, which I know is limited but I included several images to help.






3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Teresting. Hey, that's not a typo, I just didn't think the post deserved the full word 'interesting'.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Do comics really count as reading?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

As much as the Catechism and the Bible I guess. They are all fantasy.