Saturday 25 March 2023

NOISES OFF ...

... shore, but this time I don't mind.

As you know I usually complain about the noise that jet-skiers make when careening around our bay - bastards! I hate them.

Today the annual powerboat races are on in the harbour and they're, well, noisy. For some reason though I don't mind the noise they make as it seems they have a purpose.

For Richard.


Like motor car and motorbike races they travel on a planned path and race each other to find a winner.

I walked along the bush track at the end of our road to the top point which gives a magnificent view over the harbour.


From here I could see the course 'mapped out' and waited for the start of a race. It was very pleasant waiting in the morning sunshine and there were a few others there as well. I used my phone to video parts of the race, see here: 




All very exciting.

.


I remembered when writing this that I've used 'NOISES OFF' as a post title a few times before. If you're interested, here they are.



NOISES OFF 

ANOTHER NOISES OFF

YET ANOTHER NOISES OFF









9 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think this post is going to take off!

Well, you might get a few more comments.

Richard (of RBB) said...

If Robert comments too.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK, but what are your views on the karakia?
This will test your atheistic principles.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Well, cultures are always growing and changing. Samoans, among others, worship the god of their colonisers. Maori use guitars and Western tempered music at Kapahaka time. I don't really care. Maori have had a bad deal. If a karakia makes them feel better, I can live with that. After all, the music I love to play comes from American culture.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK, fair enough - maybe I should listen to a karakia now to make me feel better after you've made me feel like an insensitive bastard.



No, I'll just listen to some Steely Dan. That makes me feel better.

Richard (of RBB) said...

That's fine. Whatever works.



Oh, hang on, you haven't worked for ages.
🤣😂😃😂🤣

THE CURMUDGEON said...

True.
About 1981 I think it was.
Everything after that was pure sinecure.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I enjoyed the video. Next time do a 360 degree shot. The scenery and weather looked magnificent.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, I have done 360 degree shots from the exact same spot in the past but they were probably buried in very long posts (over 50 words) so you didn't see them.