Tuesday 28 March 2023

TUESDAY AFTERNOON



So far, as an old schoolteacher, musician and nag said - I haven't lived up to the promise of writing lots of posts under the many Curmudgeon guises. Mea culpa.

Today I played tennis in the morning and then went for a swim. The water is fresh on entering but with the sun beating down and being hot after exercise is worth enduring. I stayed in for a while.

I usually swim up to and including Easter so this year may not be so different. The awful summer has moved now into a quite lovely autumn. I hope that it lasts and that the tropical cyclones don't appear again.

I just completed sanding and painting the ceiling patch in the rear lounge. It looks quite good as long as there's no close inspection. I'll clean up and put the couch back so The Old Girl doesn't get a chance to look too closely.

I just remembered that it's haiuku week so here goes:


A beautiful day today
Summer or autumn?
It will be cold soon



3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Don't let your posts get too long.


Oh, you didn't.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, haiku's only have 17 syllables.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I wonder if Richard had a dip in the Wainuiomata River!